- Classic Games
- Board Games
- Card Games
- Kids & Family Games
- Strategy Games
- Monopoly Games
- Party Games
- Electronic Games
- Puzzles- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Trading Cards- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Playing Cards
- Beyblade Toys
- Novelty Toys & Gag Gifts- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
Shop Games & Puzzles by Price
Tips for stocking a game closet
For years, adults and children have turned to board games and puzzles to pass the time. Today, games and puzzles are popular forms of entertainment, especially for couples and family who want to reduce the amount of time they spend in front of the television or playing with electronic devices. We have a varied selection of games and puzzles for the whole family to enjoy. As you browse the collection in search of a new treasure for your own family or as a gift to someone else, keep these tips in mind to focus your search and zero in on titles you will enjoy.
1. Learn the lingo. When you start browsing the collection of games and puzzles, you quickly notice great variety in the themes and game play. It helps to understand some of the words used to describe and categorize these games to narrow your choices.
- Board games are a classic rainy day option for kids of all ages. These games often come with accessories like playing pieces, spinners, dice and money. You can find board games with a variety of themes to suit a variety of interests. Check if the game is a two-player for one on one play. Many games are four-player games, while others can accommodate more for larger group play at a party or get-together.
- Easy to store and carry on the go, card games are games that use a deck of cards to play. To play some games, players only need cards. Others include dice, boards or chips as part of the game play.
- Casino games include everything from black jack sets with a casino-style layout to video poker games. With these games, you bring the casino to your own home, complete with dealing shoes for cards, chips, dice and card shufflers.
- Electronic games range from hand-held poker or solitaire to group games that require strategy or quick reflexes. These games are a great addition to a children's collection, but keep in mind that they do make noise and generate lots of excitement.
- If you have a dedicated game room, consider adding game room games that get players up and moving around. These games include ping pong, billiards, foosball, arcade-style basketball and dart boards. You can also find all-in-one table sets that let players enjoy multiple games.
- Unlike some games that determine winners solely by chance, strategy games require skill and decision-making abilities.
- Puzzles include traditional pictures cut into pieces and 3-D puzzles that players build vertically as well as horizontally.
2. Choose games you will actually play. The best games are the ones you like to play. Fortunately, there is such great variety in board games and puzzles that you can find ones that interest you as well as your friends and family. If you're not sure where to start, think about your favorite activities, shows and books. Then look for games with similar themes. You also need to consider how many people will play the game. Many electronic games have options for one or two players, so they may not be the best choice for a party. Other games are more difficult to play with one or two players. You may not have enough variety in your answers or find that the game lasts too long with a small number of players.
3. Pay attention to age recommendations. Like video games and movies, games come with age recommendations, and these recommendations are a helpful guide when making your choice. Some games are not appropriate for children because of the content. Others may require a skill level that children of certain ages have not yet developed. You can also look for junior versions of games if your children have their hearts set on specific titles. These games have modified content or game play that makes them more suitable for younger players.
You can browse the inventory of games to see everything available, or look for specific titles if you already know what you want. Then choose the shipping or pickup option that works best for you. Take advantage of Every Day Low Prices to stock up on the classic and modern games your family loves to play, and prepare to enjoy some quality time with the ones you love.